Monday, December 21, 2009

My favourite album of 2009...

Last year i came up with a list , this year im just going to name my favourite album and be done with it.

Truth be told Cut Copys In Ghost Colours ( last years number 1!) is going to be my favourite album for the next couple of years but in the spirit of the rather pointless exercise of end of year summaries ill attempt to name my favourite album , film , tv show , washing powder , shampoo and toothpaste of 2009.


So whats my favourite album???


Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix by Phoenix







Ive always liked the sound of Phoenix , their production sounds very clean and clear , perfect for headphone listening. All good and well you say but do they have any tunes..?? Yessir tunes a plenty , lovely guitar work , nice melodies and what i see as a lack of self consciousness about the whole thing. Some of us may not like the soft rock furnishings of Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix but then again i think the more discerning listener would find something quite exciting in this album. I'll be honest i was initially underwhelmed by this record but boy did it grow on me. Ill be listening to it for many years to come. So if you havent already i suggest getting to know this excellent record, the most satisfying record of 2009 in my opinion.






















No comments: